Thursday, March 26, 2009

All my many blessings!

First of all I would like to say Thank You to all my well wishes when I had my surgery. I am feeling so much better. Today was the first day I could really work out, not my wimpy work out. I am was able to do some mean spin!!! You know I got a lot of comments that they were sorry for my loss and I was shocked. I was never able to be sorry for my loss. It was such a whirlwind and I was just lost. So this last month I really reflected on my family and what a blessing my son is. I have a hard time getting pregnant again, not one time in all of this have I thought what an incredible miracle Bodey really is. He has been amazing ever since he was born. You know it is funny he is a lot like me. We are very similar, but we get along great. He has always adored me, and I the same for him. We are incredibly close and have a great bond. I am so lucky to have such a great Son. Then I thought about my husband and all the he must be going through. He had to keep it all together, make sure I was OK and the kids were OK and clean the house. (Cleaning is very hard for my family we mess it up faster then we clean.) He never complained unless my high maintenance's got in the way. (Like folding the towels so they look nice in the closet, and many, many more...) I want to thank him for loving me anyways! Then there is Didi and wow did she come at the right time. I heard this saying on the radio the other morning and I started to cry because it kinda describes how I feel. "Enjoy the journey, it may take you somewhere unexpected." I feel like if she would of not came in our life when she did then my recovery would of been filled with a lot of "poor me", and feeling very sad. She filled up all of that time of despair and put in her happiness which in return made me very happy. She makes the journey worth taking. Foster care is hard and sad, and you think "why am I doing this?" Then you just feel love for these kids. And I know they need us, they need all of us. We need them too just as much! "Enjoy the Journey"

2 comments:

The Paytons said...

It's amazing to see you so up-beat and positive knowing all you've gone through. Thanks for being such an insperation!

P.S will you please make sure your mom knows she is invited to the shower on saturday! I just got her invite back from the mailman and I dont think she will get it in time! Thanks! Can't wait to see you!

The Payton's Place said...

You are amazing! I'm so glad you are doing better. It's always interesting to see where life takes us. You are so right, Bodey is SUCH a miracle, much how I feel Aurora is. And Didi came at the right moment in your lives. Enjoy her while you can, I hope forever, but if not, then just learn all you can from her sweet spirit!! Children are such blessings in this life.
Oh - and I think it must be a woman thing to have to have the towels folded a certain way so they look nice in the closet - at least I'm the same way...and B never does them quite right! But bless them for trying!! haha...can't wait to see you today!!!