Monday, March 2, 2009

My child has selective hearing!

So the other day I realized that every time I say something to Bodey he can't hear me! This is all by choice it is called selective hearing. The other day I said grab 2 toys to take to Nany's house and this is what he brought down.
So i took a picture because it was priceless! The blue thing behind him is a shovel that is strapped on him. He said Papa has a hard time shoveling by his self! He thought I said, "Bring everything you can bring down in one trip!"
So then like, I think the same weekend I told him to go up in his room and clean up all the marbles that were scattered all over the floor.
Yes he is asleep! He went up stairs and laid on top of them and went to sleep. How in the world does someone fall asleep on top of marbles?
You know the funny thing is that I thought that he was looking under his bed at first getting the marbles that strayed. I thought he is doing so good. Then like 15 minutes later he hadn't moved so then I knew he thought I said; "Go up stairs and sleep on all those marbles!"

4 comments:

The Paytons said...

Haha Bodey is so funny! I think most kids his age suffer from selective hearing! And I think it only goes down hill from there:) I didnt know that Paytons have trigger finger...I've never even heard of it! Good to know thanks for the info! Hope all is going well with you guys!

The Payton's Place said...

I think all MEN have selective hearing...especially when it comes from women! It's sad, but true!!

Betsey said...

What a cutie!! Gosh those marbles look uncomfortable!! My kids totally have selective hearing too and some days it drives me crazy. :) The things we go through for these fun kiddos haha!!

The Paytons said...

I've been meaning to tell you how funny I thought it was that you were joking about the trigger finger! The best part is when I told Brock what you had said he's like she probably was saying it as a joke! And you were! i guess I've just been in a serious train of thought the last week or so! haha!