Monday, December 8, 2008

Birthday Blues


I am so sad that now my Bodey is 5. I am so happy and sad at the same time. I love that he doesn't wear a diaper, he can feed himself and in the mornings when we are getting ready he is a lot of help. But other than those things he is growing so fast. I guess the saying is true "Time flies when you are having fun." We are so luck to have this time with our kids and to watch them grow is so amazing. I remember Bodeys first dream, He came in my room one morning so excited. He was about 2 1/2 (and if you know Bodey he talked very good for his age. ) He said "Mom!!! I went to the Moon Last night!!! I was with Andrew and this guy named I can't remember is name!!! We went to the Moon!!" I laughed so hard and said to him" Did you have a dream?" He sat there a minute and said, "It was a dream, I didn't know that you went to the moon while you were sleeping." Those little moments that just make you laugh and cry and sometimes do both at the same time. (IF you are a Moore you totally understand.) They make it all worth every bit of hard ships you would ever have as a Mom.


We took Bodey and 10 Friends and their parents to Toads Family Fun Center! That was so fun. We played laser tag and all the adults played too. We bought pizza played video games and to tell you the truth it was really not that bad of a price. That Jimmy that owns the place really took care of us. You know what I loved this idea, this sounds bad but I loved that I didn't have to buy Bodey a gift. I would just take credit from one of the other gifts there. Not really that was a joke, But I really didn't get him anything. I figured a party was good enough. HEHE..... I have to say that I am really sad that my only child is now a BOY he is not a baby or a toddler he is a stinky, dirty the minute he gets out of the bath, talk back to Mom (not Dad) boy!!! Man I love that kid!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a big boy- 5 years old! Does it feel weird to have a 5 year old already! I can't wait til Taylor starts doing certain things but then I stop myself because I love every stage she is at and I know someday I will wish for them back! That is great you have a blog Jenn, now we can stay in touch better! Brody even reads family blogs ever now and then.

The Payton's Place said...

OH GOSH, how cute is that about his dream! I love that you remember that. I can't believe he's 5 already! I remember going to his baby shower! Makes me feel old!!!