Monday, February 16, 2009

Well I thought since I haven't posted in a while I should. Thanks for all the great comments on Baby Didi. I am so excited to have her. I have no idea if we get to keep her though. I want to keep her if we can but we can't imagine someone giving up on this amazing baby. She sleeps all night and smiles and laughs all that time. We all just love her to death.












We are so blessed to have her in our lives right now! Bodey really just loves her to death he always wants to hold her and to feed her. He has a real short attention span so it only lasts a second.You know when we first got her, she wouldn't let us hold her for a long time. She wouldn't look at us. She would look away a lot. She was so neglected that she didn't really know what it was like to have someone pay attention to her. Now she just loves it! She is so aware of her surroundings now and just loves the attention. She loves to suck her thumb. I think it is and has always been her comfort. We have made great strides with her just by doing what comes natural to us. I think it is so sad that it just doesn't come natural to all people. She is an amazing child and I think she will be a great adult if given the chance. I pray for her that she will be given great opportunities and the tools to be able to follow them.

6 comments:

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

She is so dang cute Jen! How can someone not love such a cute face!?!

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

She is so dang cute Jen! How can someone not love such a cute face!?!

Jessica West said...

Jenny- seriously. She is so lucky to have you guys fall into her life. It is very sad that people just don't get it. Stuff like that will make me cry if I even think about it for one second. You are doing a very wonderful thing. She's a darling little girl and you are definitely giving her the best possible start to life.

Ashley said...

It makes me so sad too to think how many kids are out there that don't get what they need or even any love. What you are doing is amazing. She is blessed to be with you and I hope you are able to keep her!

The Payton's Place said...

I pray you get to keep her! She sounds like such a blessing in your lives and you are probably the biggest blessing in hers. She is lucky to come be a part of your family, hopefully forever, but if not, she is lucky to be a part of it for any amount of time. What a doll she is, love the smiling pic and of course, the thumb sucking one. How 'untouched' by the world they are for such a short amount of time, I wish they could stay that way forever!

The Paytons said...

I really hope all works out well for you guys. She's a doll, and I know that you are blessing her and she is blessing you. We keep you in our prayers and hope everything is going well!